Head-On Collision Lawyer
Here to help you when you need us most
One of the most serious types of car accidents involves two vehicles crashing head-on into each other, particularly when both vehicles are moving at full speed. When these accidents occur, severe injuries and fatalities are common. That’s because there is a massive amount of force involved when two vehicles crash head-on.
Knowing what to do after a head-on collision can be confusing. There are so many issues you need to deal with after an accident – getting the medical treatment you need, filling out accident claim forms, dealing with the police, the other driver and insurance companies.
Many people simply want to focus on their recovery. That’s exactly why you should contact Rockville, Maryland car accident lawyer Stuart L. Plotnick as soon as possible. When you have the Law Offices of Stuart L. Plotnick, LLC on your side, we can take care of all the red tape while you focus on your health, including the investigation of the accident details and dealing with the insurance claims personnel. We handle accident claims in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Causes of head-on collisions
Head-on collisions occur for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted drivers driving into oncoming traffic
- Speeding drivers who lose control and drive head-on into another car
- Drivers falling asleep at the wheel and hitting an oncoming car
- Illegally passing another car on the wrong side of the road
- Driving too fast for adverse weather conditions (snow, ice, etc.) and losing control
- Drunk drivers crashing head-on into another car
Whatever the cause of your head-on collision, no matter how straightforward or complicated your crash might seem, don’t underestimate the complexity of your case. Talk to a lawyer at our law firm as soon as possible.
How a lawyer can help you
You might think you don’t need a lawyer if another driver crashed head-on into your vehicle or a loved one’s car. If the other driver did something reckless or negligent that caused your accident, all you have to do is call the police and your insurance company and they will take care of everything, right?
Don’t be so sure. So many different legal issues can come up after a head-on collision. The other driver might deny doing anything wrong, perhaps claiming that you were driving the wrong way or on the wrong side of the road, while they were legally going in the right direction. The other driver’s insurance company might try to deny or limit your claim. You might also need to file a wrongful death lawsuit if a loved one died in a head-on collision caused by a reckless or negligent driver.
Other important factors to remember:
- You have a limited amount of time to take legal action. This deadline is known as the statute of limitations. If you wait too long, you may not be able to obtain the money you rightfully deserve for your accident. The statute of limitations in Maryland and the District of Columbia is 3 years, while Virginia is 2 years.
- The other driver’s insurance company has probably already started its accident investigation. These companies often get straight to work in search of evidence they can use to deny your claim. Don’t let them get out in front; let us put you in a position to get the tactical advantage.
We can get right to work on your case and demand the financial compensation you deserve. We’re here for you when you need us most. Contact a car accident lawyer at our law firm and demand justice.