A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Who Stands Up For Rockville’s Injured
Get a trusted Rockville lawyer who will put your interests first
People walking on a sidewalk or crossing a street can sustain severe injuries if they are struck by a car. In some cases, pedestrian fatalities occur. That's because pedestrians have no protection against cars or other motor vehicles that crash into them, so when they are struck by a car, the injuries are generally more severe.
Rockville pedestrian accident lawyer Stuart L. Plotnick understands just how serious these car accidents can be for injury victims and their families. That's because he and his Rockville legal team have worked with pedestrian accident victims for decades not just in Rockville, but communities throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
Find out how the Law Offices of Stuart L. Plotnick, LLC can help you. Contact us to schedule a free case evaluation. And if you can't come to us, our lawyers can meet wherever's convenient for you, including your home, your hospital room or another location. You decide.
A Rockville lawyer explains why pedestrian accidents happen
Pedestrian accidents occur for a wide range of reasons. Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted drivers, including:
- Texting drivers
- Drivers operating GPS
- Drivers changing radio stations
- Turning drivers looking for traffic coming from one direction while pedestrians are coming from the opposite direction on the sidewalk or in a crosswalk
- Speeding drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Tired drivers
- Drivers who don't know they are supposed to yield the right of way
There are many other reasons why accidents involving pedestrians occur. And in each case, it's important to determine the exact cause of your accident. A pedestrian accident lawyer from our Rockville law firm can help you do that and address many other important legal issues as well.
A Rockville attorney who understands how bicycle accidents happen
Today, we have more types of vehicles trying to share the roads than ever, including cyclists. Bicyclists face unique risks out on the open road, since - apart from a helmet - they have no protection against the cars and trucks that they share the road with. Additionally, as with motorcycles, many drivers often fail to see bicycles or refuse to grant them the right-of-way because they think that the rules of the road allow them superior access.
Some other common causes of car accidents with bicycles include:
- Drivers turning directly in front of a bicycle
- Drivers failing to look both ways before continuing past a stop sign or turning from a side road
- Drivers pulling into traffic from a parking spot or driveway and failing to keep an eye out for pedestrians/bicyclists who are behind them
- Drunk driving
Many car/bicycle accidents result in serious injuries such as broken bones, or in other instances, lifelong injuries, such as a brain injury or spinal cord injury. The toll that these injuries can take on your body, your emotional health, and your ability to work in the future can be staggering. If you have suffered one of these devastating injuries, you deserve to be compensated for both your current and future losses. When building your case, Attorney Plotnick will examine how your injuries have impacted your life in every respect, using the evidence to tell your story in the most powerful way possible.
How a Rockville pedestrian accident attorney can help when you’re hurt
Pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents are common in Montgomery County, Prince George's County, D.C. and Northern Virginia.
We have a large population of people, young and old, who love to ride. Pedestrians and bicyclists are at a much higher risk of suffering a serious personal injury when involved in a car accident because they have no true protection from the impact. Without any external protection, your body is left to absorb the entire impact of a collision. In far too many cases, the injuries sustained in a car/pedestrian or car/bicycle accident may be impossible to completely recover from.
When you have our Rockville law firm on your side, you can take an aggressive stance right from the start. This often includes:
- Carefully reviewing the official police accident report
- Interviewing witnesses who saw your pedestrian accident
- Visiting the scene of your accident to conduct our own independent investigation
- Consulting with accident-reconstruction experts
- Dealing directly with your insurance company on your behalf
- Preparing your case for trial if necessary
- Appearing with you in court
- Filling an appeal if necessary
We're here for you every step of the way after your pedestrian accident. Get an experienced and dedicated pedestrian accident lawyer on your side, fighting for your rights. Contact our Rockville law firm today for a free consultation.