Our lawyers can help you recover
Pedestrian accidents in Rockville – and surrounding metropolitan areas – are often the result of drivers who fail to pay attention or yield the right of way. With our roads becoming more congested and drivers paying more attention to their cellphones and dashboard gadgets, less attention is being paid to the road, including pedestrians walking in their path. Pedestrian accidents can happen in crosswalks, intersections, parking lots, parking garages and even sidewalks. Without the protective frame of an automobile, pedestrians are especially at risk of sustaining a severe or life-threatening injury if hit by a car or some other vehicle.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers are skilled at handling some of the most complex cases. With our vast knowledge of the legal system, we will stop at nothing to hold the driver – and their insurance company – accountable, so you can focus on your recovery.
Why pedestrian accidents are so devastating?
There are a number of causes that lead to pedestrian accidents. They usually include, but are not limited to:
- Distracted driving: Drivers texting, adjusting their radios, operating GPS devices or engaging in other distractions are a serious threat to pedestrians. Often, drivers who operate a motor vehicle while distracted don’t stop in time to prevent an accident, resulting in devastating injury and damage.
- Speeding: Drivers who travel over the speed limit may not be able to stop in time to avoid hitting pedestrians, especially children who may run out into the roadway, resulting in severe injuries. That’s why motorists are expected to maintain a safe speed, and keep a good look out especially around schools, play areas and bike paths.
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol: Driving while impaired by alcohol or controlled substances inhibits a motorist’s ability to respond to a pedestrian in a timely manner.
- Drowsy driving: Drivers who fall asleep at the wheel can cause some of the most catastrophic accidents. Drowsy drivers are often unable to stop or even slow down before impact.
- Drivers who don’t yield the pedestrian’s right of way: Drivers who run through a crosswalk, or don’t look both ways before making a turn, put pedestrians at risk.
Common injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Spine injuries
- Cuts and bruises
Why choose us?
Nobody should have to suffer the burden of being unable to work and engage in normal activities, or be bogged down by costly medical bills. That’s why you should take your claim seriously from the start. If you’re able to, you should exchange information with the driver, take photos, and obtain a police report. Always seek immediate medical attention, even if no injury symptoms are present at the moment. Let our office take care of the rest.
The Law Offices of Stuart L. Plotnick, LLC has decades of experience handling pedestrian accidents. We prepared to launch an investigation, build a strong case and hold the driver – and their insurance company – accountable.
If you have been hit by car or other vehicle (e.g. a bicycle) and have suffered injuries, you need to speak with our legal team and find out how an experienced pedestrian accident attorney can help you. Contact us to schedule a free consultation, so we can discuss your options.