A Rockville attorney is here to help
Cyclists are just as much a part of the bustling traffic in the Rockville and DMV area as cars, busses and commercial trucks. And with only a helmet protecting their heads, cyclists can sustain severe injuries if struck by a motor vehicle.
The Law Offices of Stuart L. Plotnick, LLC can help. We have decades of experience handling bicycle accidents in the Rockville and surrounding areas of the DMV. We know how to launch an investigation, obtain police reports, and gather details to build a strong case.
We will fight for you and see that you get the compensation you deserve.
What causes bicycle accidents?
Bicycle accidents can happen for a number of reasons, most of which involve driver negligence.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who text, adjust their radio or use their GPS often don't see bicyclists
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can reduce a motorist's judgement and reaction time.
- Failing to yield the right of way: Some motorists completely disregard the safety and right of way of bicyclists, simply because they believe their access to the road is more important or superior.
- Failure to know the rules of road: Some motorists think there are different rules of the road that apply to them versus cyclists and therefore do not drive properly around bicycles.
- Not seeing a bicyclist: Like motorcyclists, cyclists can be difficult to see. That's why it is important for motorists to keep a keen eye out for cyclists.
- Speeding: Motorists who drive over the posted speed limit or fail to slow down put bicyclists at risk.
- Drowsy driving: When a driver falls asleep at the wheel, he or she will most likely be unable to stop or avoid a crash. The injuries sustained from a drowsy driver can be catastrophic.
- Avoiding Accidents: Always wear a helmet and ride defensively.
When struck by a motor vehicle, bicyclists can sustain severe injuries, such as broken bones, spinal injuries, brain injuries and even death. The pain and suffering can have a devastating effect on accident victims and their families. Our legal team understands and will aggressively pursue your case. We'll hold the motorist - and their insurance company - accountable.
Why you need an attorney
Bicyclists deserve to be treated fairly on Rockville area and our other local roadways. Motorists who refuse to yield the right of way or pay attention should be held accountable if their negligence causes an accident. Insurance companies may be reluctant to compensate the full cost of your recovery, loss of wages, and pain and suffering. They may even offer a meager settlement in order to make your claim disappear - but settlements rarely cover the full extent of your losses. That's why you need an experienced bicycle accident attorney to handle your claim.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We'll be glad to review your claim and discuss your options.