A personal injury claim or case may arise from any injury that occurs because of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. Personal injury law is a large practice area that encompasses many different types of accidents, all rooted in someone else’s negligence. At the Law Offices of Maryland personal injury lawyer Stuart L. Plotnick, LLC, we have dedicated our practice to helping injured victims of negligence receive the full compensation they deserve and desperately need, so they can make a full recovery from all of their losses and repair their lives.
If you or one of your loved ones has suffered a serious injury because of another person’s negligence or recklessness, please contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Common Types and Causes of Personal Injury
Our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys have successfully handled a wide range of personal injury cases. Some of the most common types of cases we focus on include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Tractor-trailer accidents
- Sports Injuries and Concussions
- Medical malpractice
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Inadequate security
- Construction accidents
- Defective and dangerous Products
- Dog bites / animal attacks
- Insurance coverage and claims
- Birth injuries
We tailor our legal strategies to the unique circumstances of each case, working with you to develop the strongest, most straightforward, and most cost-effective approach to obtaining compensation in your case. Attorney Stuart Plotnick has built his practice around the values of hard work, straight talk, honesty, and integrity. You can trust us to provide you with the powerful representation you need to win your personal injury case in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington D.C.
Personal Injury Statistics
Every year, millions of people sustain injuries because of another person’s carelessness. To get a better idea of the scope of the problem, consider the following statistics:
- In 2009, there were around 5.5 million auto accidents in the United States; 2.2 million people were injured in these accidents.
- In 2009, over 30,000 auto accidents resulted in wrongful death.
- 1.4 million people suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the United States each year. Of this amount, 50,000 die and 235,000 are hospitalized.
- Nearly 60% of all tort trials in 2005 involved auto accidents.
- According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Association Resource Center, around 7,800 serious spinal cord injuries happen every year. Up to 400,000 people in the U.S. currently live with a spinal cord injury, and half of them have no function or sensation below the injury.
- Dog bites injure around 5 million people every year.
When these serious injuries occur, victims and their families are often left with overwhelming medical expenses, little to no income during their recovery process, and the potential for life-long medical care, not to mention the stress and other devastation that comes with these sorts of tragic events. If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation for all of your losses and damages – financial, physical, and emotional.
Personal Injury Damages
Victims of personal injury have a right to pursue a wide range of damages. The type and amount of damages you can pursue will depend on the specifics of your case, but generally speaking, you can seek compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost income
- Lost ability to work and engage in certain routine living or other activities (e.g. sports or recreation)
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Lowered quality or enjoyment of life
- Costs of living with a disability (e.g. home-care, medicine, wheel chairs or other items of assistance with living)
In a wrongful death case, the family of the victim can recover compensation for funeral and end-of-life expenses, as well as loss of companionship, and any future financial contributions the victim would have made to the family.
Experienced Maryland Personal Injury Attorneys
Before you accept an inadequate settlement from an insurance company, make sure you know what your injury claim is really worth. Our experienced Maryland personal injury lawyers can evaluate your case to determine the full extent of damages you are entitled to pursue. We will work with a team of investigators and expert witnesses to uncover every bit of evidence we can about your accident, building the strongest possible case for you – one that proves your injuries were a direct result of the other party’s negligence.
If you have suffered a personal injury, or if your loved one has died because of someone else’s carelessness, please contact the Law Offices of Stuart L. Plotnick, LLC today to schedule a free case evaluation. We represent injured victims throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.