Our Law Firm Demands Justice for You and Maximizes Results
Expenses can add up fast after a serious personal injury accident. And if you don't take strong legal action right away, you might end up having to pay for your own accident or getting significantly less than what you deserve. That's why you need our law firm on your side, fighting for your rights.
At the Law Offices of Stuart L. Plotnick, LLC, we aggressively take on the insurance companies or anyone else who tries to deny you justice. That's why we're proud of our case results. Each one represents a victory for our clients when it mattered most.
Just because you're recovering from your accident doesn't mean all your other bills (rent, utilities, credit cards, etc.) stop coming. That's why it's critical that you receive compensation for all your accident-related expenses, including:
- Medical bills
- Repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Lost income
- Lost future income
Your case is about more than just money. It's about standing up for you and your loved ones. It's about making sure the person or corporation responsible for your accident is held accountable. It's about justice. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation. We handle cases in Montgomery County and surrounding areas.
Notable Verdicts and Settlements
$677,000 Award – Construction Accident (Washington, D.C.)
- The firm obtained an award of $677,000 when the client, working as a pipefitter, fell two stories through the floor of a multi-story construction project in the District. Another contractor had weakened the flooring to its breaking point by rolling heavy equipment over the area repeatedly, several days before the fall. The contractor and others were previously instructed on several occasions not to transport heavy equipment over the area, but he continued to do it. Our client broke his ankle and tore his bicep, and also suffered other injuries. The defense argued that our client knew the area was unsafe before the fall. Medical bills were almost $19,000 and lost wages were $16,000.
$610,000 Award for College Student Struck in Crosswalk (Virginia)
- Our client was a freshman at a Virginia college. While going to class one morning, she was struck in a crosswalk by a speeding car being driven by another student. She was thrown over 50 feet in the air and onto the pavement. Liability was hotly contested by the defendant driver, as he claimed that our client ran out into the street without looking. Our client had a head injury, fractured ribs, a broken arm and collarbone, and various other injuries. Luckily, she made a great recovery and we are glad she was able to return to her school and complete her education.
$400,000 Settlement for Slip and Fall Victim (Prince George’s County, Maryland)
- Our firm represented a young woman who sustained a head injury after slipping on ice in the parking garage at her apartment building in Prince George’s County. Liability and damages were disputed by her landlord. The insurance company’s original offer at the time of lawsuit was $25,000.
$358,000 Settlement for Sexual Assault Victim –Premises Security (Washington, D.C.)
- Our firm represented a young woman who was attacked and assaulted in her apartment due to poor security. The rear area of the building was not adequately lit at night, and there were no working security cameras or guards. The apartment was located in an area that had several similar crimes in neighboring parking lots in the year before our client's attack. The case settled at mediation.
$235,000 Auto Accident Settlement (Montgomery County, Maryland)
- Our client was driving home from work when the defendant's work truck crossed the center line of the road and hit our client's vehicle head-on (see our video). Our client was taken to Shock Trauma by helicopter. He had a concussion, a torn meniscus in his knee, which required minor surgery, and later developed a blood clot due to the procedure. Fortunately, everything turned out fine. He had about $11,000 in medical bills and over $25,000 in lost wages. The case settled once the suit was filed.
$185,000 Auto Accident Settlement (Rockville, Maryland)
- Our client was a 92-year-old woman, whose car was struck by another vehicle that ran a stop sign at Leisure World. The client suffered a spiral fracture of her right arm. She was in excellent health at the time of the accident and still self-sufficient. She had surgery to repair the fracture and place a plate and screws in her arm, which are permanent. She was in a rehab facility for 2 months and lost some mobility in the arm. The insurance company argued that due to her age, her mobility, etc., was already limited, and that because she was over 90, that her life expectancy was short, and therefore her long-term pain and suffering was minimal (really; how touching!). Its last offer was around $85,000. The case settled after a suit was filed for over $100,000 above the last offer.
$161,000 Award for Client Suffering Brain Injury in Auto Accident (Bethesda, Maryland)
- The award was obtained for a 52-year-old male driver who was broadsided when a second driver ran a red light and slammed into his car. Our client sustained a concussion and had other signs of a brain trauma, in addition to other injuries. The extent of the brain injury was strongly contested by defense experts. The original offer was $65,000.
$105,000 Settlement for Baltimore Woman: Trip and Fall (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Attorney Plotnick obtained a settlement of $105,000 for a 70-year-old woman who fell outside of a restaurant after tripping over a piece of rope that was tied to a row of garbage cans being used as a makeshift construction barrier. Our client was walking on the sidewalk near the restaurant, going to her car after she and her husband had finished dining. There was construction being done at the restaurant building. However, instead of putting up orange cones or warning tape, the property owner and construction company simply lined up several trash cans and tied them together with a piece of rope to keep people out. There were no signs. It was around 9 p.m. and the area was not well-lit. While our client was walking on the sidewalk, she tripped over the rope, fracturing her kneecap. Her leg had to be immobilized for several weeks, and she had to undergo intensive physical therapy. Her medical bills were approximately $13,000.
$99,880 Award for Auto Accident (Arlington, Virginia)
- Our client was a cab driver. A vehicle coming from the opposite direction turned in front of her at an intersection. Liability was not disputed but the extent and cause of her injuries (torn rotator cuff requiring surgery and neck problems) were. The defendant argued that the shoulder injury was from an incident 5 years prior. There was no evidence that our client was having any issues with her shoulder before this accident. The case settled after the testimony of the defense doctor showed he could not support this claim. Our client had $11,000 in medical bills and $8,400 in lost wages.
$99,500 Auto Accident Settlement Involving Drunk Driver (Fairfax, Virginia)
- Our client was coming from work early in the evening on Fairfax Parkway when she slowed for traffic ahead. She was then struck from behind by an intoxicated/drunk driver, who was arrested at the scene. Fortunately, her injuries were minimal, but because our investigation found that the other driver had several violations for drunk driving in the last 10 years, he was subject to potential punitive damages. This evidence was presented to the insurance company, who then agreed to pay a much higher value for the claim.
$95,000 Settlement for Patient/Resident of Nursing Home Assaulted by Staff Member (Rockville, Maryland)
- Attorney Plotnick obtained a settlement of $95,000 for an elderly patient/resident of a nursing home who sustained two broken fingers when a nurse pushed him to the floor trying to gain control of him. The client tried to brace his fall with his right hand and suffered the fractures during the fall. The original offer from the nursing home was $12,000.
$95,000 for Man Injured in Tractor-Trailer Accident (Frederick, Maryland)
- Attorney Plotnick obtained a settlement of $95,000 for a man whose vehicle was hit by a tractor-trailer in Allegany County, Maryland. The tractor-trailer was traveling at a high rate of speed and hit our client's truck from behind, forcing it off on the road and onto its side. Our client was lucky in only suffering a concussion, bumps and bruises, and a sprain to his back and neck. During our investigation, we found that the driver of the tractor-trailer had several recent citations for unsafe driving. Our client was taken by ambulance to a nearby Maryland hospital. He returned to his home state of Louisiana, where he completed his therapy. We are glad to report he is now back on the road. His medical bills were approximately $14,000.
$78,000 Award for Woman Injured in Car Accident (Clarksburg, Maryland)
- Our client was sideswiped by a truck on I-270. She had soft tissue injuries of her back and neck and was treated with physical therapy and pain injections. She had $15,000 in medical bills and other losses. The original offer was less than $30,000.
$64,560.00 Award Against Truck Driver (Prince Georges County, Maryland)
- Our client was rear-ended by a mid-sized commercial truck after he switched lanes and came to a sudden stop. The truck-driver made a strong claim that our driver cut in front of him and slammed on his brakes, so both parties were to blame. Our client had neck and back injuries. The only offer made before trial was $8,500.00 as the truck-driver denied responsibility.
$54,000 Auto Accident Settlement (Cumberland, Maryland)
- Our client was rear-ended by the defendant driver. The client had soft tissue injuries, back and neck strain and lost wages. The original offer was $11,000.
$48,000.00 Settlement for Mailman bitten by Dog (Silver Spring, Maryland)
- Our client, a mail carrier, was bitten on the leg by a dog that jumped over a fence, from a home on her delivery route. After investigation, we found that the dog had an incident with a child in the neighborhood several years before. Our client had $4,000 in medical bills and slight scarring. The insurance offer was $16,000.00
$28,000.00 Slip and Fall Verdict Against Montgomery County Government
- Our client slipped and fell on icy parking lot at a County School parking lot. She suffered a concussion and had medical bills of $4,000 plus. The County made no offer and denied liability. After trial the Court awarded over $28,000.00 in losses and pain and suffering finding that the County was negligent in clearing and inspecting the parking lot.
$22,352 Dog Attack Verdict (Hyattsville, Maryland)
- Our client, an 11-year-old boy, sustained a minor bite wound and several scratches on his left leg when he was bit and clawed by a German Shepherd who escaped from an area where the fence was left open by the owner of store in Hyattsville. Our client's medical bills were a little over $1,300 and there was no visible scarring from the bite. The court awarded over $20,000 due to the fact that the dog owner denied liability and our investigation found it was reported on previous occasions that the dog was allowed to run free and menace others.