Experienced Trial Counsel
Mr. Plotnick is an accomplished trial attorney with over twenty (20) years of litigation/trial experience in state and federal courts, throughout the region. Prior to starting the firm, he served for over 10 years as trial, and later managing counsel to two major insurance companies, CNA Insurance and the Travelers. From 1990 to 1995, he served as a trial attorney in CNA’s, Washington D.C. legal office. In 1995, he was appointed to the post of Managing Trial Attorney. In this role he supervised a team of trial attorneys and acted as lead counsel in the office’s most challenging cases.
In 1999, he joined the Washington D.C. legal office of the Travelers as the Head of its Litigation Practice Group. In both of these positions, Mr. Plotnick successfully represented a broad range of clients sued in state and federal courts, from the insurance companies to a variety of different businesses and persons, including property owners and managers, construction and contractors, product manufacturers, medical service providers, employers, trucking companies, and others sued for causing injury. He now brings his years of experience on the inside to bear for you or your business when pursuing your rights against them.
The firm is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C.
The knowledge and experience gained by Mr. Plotnick from his years of work on the insurance and “corporate-side” of the aisle, gives him a unique perspective as to the best and most effective strategy for your case. He knows how they think and strategize your claim. He is a seasoned veteran in the areas of personal injury, employment, construction and insurance-related litigation.
“The firm is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia”
- Bachelor of Arts, B.A. University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 1984
- Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, J.D. University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 1987
- Honors, Top 1/3 of Class
- Asper Fellowship-Maryland Court of Appeals
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- State and Federal Courts
- District of Columbia
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- Montgomery County Bar Association (Member of the Employment, Personal Injury)
- D.C. – Metropolitan Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association (Member of the Employment and Personal Injury Sections)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar (Member of the Personal Injury Section)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Member of the Labor and Employment and Personal Injury Sections)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
If you need the help of an experienced personal injury, employment lawyer, or insurance attorney in Maryland, Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia, please contact the Law Offices of Stuart L. Plotnick, LLC in Rockville, Maryland.